The Microsoft Power Platform Release Plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2021 through September 2021, with early access available from 1st February 2021 and generally available 1st April 2021.
- Duplicate detection to the Unified Interface experience,
- Improved accessibility for business process flow in mobile,
- Enhanced global relevance search experience and in-app notifications for model-driven apps.
- New AI functionalities in preview as well as form processing improvements.
- New capabilities include new region availability and signature detection in form processing in order to detect if a signature is present at a specific location in a document.
- Power Apps portals enhances Power BI integration in order to support Microsoft Azure Analysis Services live connections and Customer Data Power BI function to send additional context for personalizing reports and dashboards for users.
• Power Automate
- enhancements to cloud flows adds a trigger when an action is performed in Microsoft Dataverse. This feature improves working with the common events model and provides better integration with Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. Desktop flows improve our support for UI automation on Citrix environments by having a runtime inside the target Citrix environment.
- New for this release, process advisor, a process mining capability in Power Automate that reveals insights into how people work, provides rich visualizations where users can identify repetitive, time-consuming processes best suited for automation. Users will be able to record repetitive, manual processes with Power Automate Desktop.
Power Virtual Agents
- brings improvements in the authoring experience with list variables, topic suggestions from bot sessions, adaptive cards, and more.
- Also included is Power Automate integration with better error handling and new topic trigger management in order to improve your bot’s triggering capabilities.
- Flexible licensing models for organizations to choose between per user and per capacity licensing options.
- Power BI Pro delivers AI infused insights to help everyone easily discover insights.
- Authoring Power BI content is easier than ever through the new quick create experiences.