Build low-code, mobile-friendly apps from Microsoft Lists directly inside of Microsoft Teams via a new integration with Power Apps. A published app can be added as a tab in a Teams channel and shared with the rest of your team, while maintaining its data connection to the list.
When this will happen:
We expect this rollout to begin rolling out in mid-March and expect it to be completed by late March.
How this will affect your organisation:
Microsoft List users will be able to create Power Apps directly from their lists inside of Microsoft Teams. Apps that are created from a list will use a template that is automatically populated with the list data.
To use this feature, start from any list in Teams. In order to create a new app based on the opened list, from the command bar, click Integrate > Power Apps > Create an app. In order to view apps that were previously created, click Integrate > Power Apps > See all apps.
Only apps that were created in Teams will be displayed here. A link is available to open Power Apps in a web browser, where the rest of your apps may be found.
What you need to do to prepare:
You may wish to inform your organization’s users about this change and update your documentation accordingly.
I am an experienced, commercially aware, Microsoft 365 Solution Architect / Technology Leader with a strong and demonstrable background within the Collaboration, Productivity and Low-Code / Pro-Code Development platforms of Microsoft 365 and Azure.
With over 15 years of experience working with Microsoft technology, I have worked with many organisations - from SMEs through to Enterprise, working to digitally transform their businesses with the successful implementation and adoption of Microsoft 365 and Azure products. This includes managing the lifecycle of the project from visioning exercises, discovery, solution design through to implementation and user adoption and change management strategies.
More recently, my current roles include:
- Development and implementation of the company’s technical strategy
- Implementation of products and services relevant to the Microsoft Business Applications, Modern Workplace and Development technology areas within Microsoft 365
- Manage and develop technical media assets, including product Service Catalogues and GTM related content
- Monitor and evaluate new technology and make recommendations for required technological solutions
- Deliver technical marketing activities, ensuring events are suitably presented with appropriate content.
- Manage and deliver Pre-Sales activities
- Review and approve sales proposals, for the viability and appropriateness of proposed solutions
- Understand and interpret requirements and provide deliverable solutions based on the product portfolio
- Provide technical input and validation during the creation of Sales proposals, and in response to RFIs / RFPs.
View all posts by Aaron