This time last year, at Ignite 2019, it was announced SharePoint had reached 100 million monthly active cloud users. Today, December 2020, it was announced SharePoint has reached 200 million monthly active cloud users.
Growing faster than ever – 2X YOY
Leading in the Gartner Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant
For the fourth year in a row Gartner has recognised Microsoft as a Leader in the Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant for 2020, obtaining the highest place in ‘Ability to Execute’ and is placed higher on both ‘Completeness of Vision’ and ‘Ability to Execute’ than any other company in the Leaders’ quadrant.
What is SharePoint?
SharePoint powers content collaboration across Microsoft 365.
- Delivers unparalleled solutions for document management and content protection.
- It underpins the document sharing scenarios in Teams and OneDrive with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and 320 other file types
- It drives new Microsoft Lists experiences
- It enables end-users to create beautiful pages and portals with video from Microsoft Stream and conversations from Yammer to engage employees
- It powers Teams Meeting Recordings and stream videos
- It delivers intelligent modern intranets for organisation collaboration
- It enables millions of developers to create solutions with our latest SharePoint Framework (“SPFx”) and Power Platform.
All of this is available in both standalone SharePoint sites and hosted in Microsoft Teams.
Growing faster than ever and investing for the future
Microsofts’ latest investment is bringing content intelligence to you with Microsoft Search, SharePoint Syntex and Project Cortex Topics.
SharePoint is a core part of Microsoft Search, using our Graph-based content connectors to index data in over 130 remote locations, such as file shares, SQL, or ServiceNow.
Recently released SharePoint Syntex, which uses advanced AI and machine teaching to amplify human expertise, automate content processing, and transform content into knowledge. They’ve also modernised taxonomy services (managed metadata) with synonyms, machine translation, import functionality, analytics, and five times our previous scale.
Project Cortex, also based on SharePoint, delivers knowledge and expertise in the apps you use every day to harness collective knowledge and to empower people and teams to learn, upskill, and innovate faster.